Vietnamese Noodle Salad With Lemongrass
Bún bò xào (Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass) is one of our favorite Southeast Asian dishes from Vietnam. It’s a classic Vietnamese dish that’s flavorful, light, and healthy. The dish is usually served in layers with noodles at the bottom, pickled and fresh vegetables, lemongrass beef, and topped with crushed peanuts, fried crisp shallots, and fresh herbs. In this recipe, we used our Soybean Spaghetti and lemongrass eggs to create a delicious, protein-packed, vegetarian version.
- 1/2 package (4oz) of The Only Bean Soybean Spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nuoc mam (fish sauce)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp finely sliced lemongrass
- 1/3 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/3 cup pickled carrots and radish
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cups fresh herbs (cilantro, lemon basil, mint)
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fried crisp shallots
- Cook 1 pack of soybean noodles according to directions on the package.
- Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl and mix. Heat oil in a pan and cook eggs evenly across the pan. Remove and cut eggs into strips.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok and stir fry egg strips with lemongrass, garlic, and nuoc mam for about 2 minutes.
- In separate bowls, place noodles on the bottom and top with pickled and fresh vegetables, lemongrass eggs, and garnish with crushed peanuts, fried crisp shallots, and fresh herbs.