High Protein Veggie Edamame Egg Roll
It turns out making egg rolls at home is much easier than we thought! We made these vegan egg rolls with @nasoya vegan egg roll wrappers and filled them with our edamame spaghetti, stir-fried cabbage, carrot, and scallions, seasoned with sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, salt, ground white pepper. This recipe was inspired by @misspickledplum.
- 1 package (8oz) of Organic Edamame Spaghetti Pasta
- 12 6-inch square egg roll wrappers (approximately)
- Cooking oil such as vegetable oil or peanut oil.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups carrot, julienned
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Cook half a pack (8oz) of The Only Edamame Spaghetti pasta according to directions on the package.
- In a pan over medium heat, add sesame oil, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, carrot, and scallions, and cook for 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, salt, and ground white pepper and stir. Cook for 1 minute, turn the heat off, and transfer the mixture into a bowl. Mix edamame noodles in with vegetables and set aside for 10 minutes, until the vegetables have cooled down a bit.
- Grab an egg roll wrapper and place it diagonally on a flat work surface (one edge of the wrapper should be facing you).
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable and noodle mixture and place it in the center of the wrapper. Spread it across sideways leaving about 2 inches of wrapper free on each side.
- Grab the bottom edge of the wrapper and fold it over the filling. Tightly roll until you reach the center of the wrapper.
- Tightly fold each side of the wrapper toward the center (where the filling is) and continue to roll until you’ve reach the top corner.
- Seal the top by wetting the corner with a little water. Place the egg roll on a plate with the top corner facing down. Repeat the same step until all the filling has been used.
- In a large pan over high heat, add enough oil to cover the surface of the pan by about half an inch.
When the oil is hot, carefully slide a few egg rolls into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Flip the egg rolls over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the egg rolls to a plate covered with paper towel to drain. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.