Vegetable Pad Thai with Protein Noodles
Vegetable Pad Thai is a classic Thai dish that hits the spot every time. Bursting with perfectly contrasting flavors like peanuts, cilantro, lime; filling you up just right; combining the soft and crunchy textures like tofu and eggs with bean sprouts and carrots. We packed this dish with plant-based protein by using our Soybean Noodles in place of rice noodles. This tasty Thai recipe was inspired by Taste of Home.
- 1 package (8oz) of The Only Bean Soybean Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash of Chili Garlic sauce, depending on preference
- 1 package (12 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Cook 1 pack of soybean spaghetti according to directions on the package. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and chili garlic sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In large skillet/wok, stir-fry tofu in 2 teaspoons oil on medium/high heat until golden brown or 3-6 minutes. Remove and maintain warm. Stir-fry carrots and snow peas in remaining (1 tablespoon) oil for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp/tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Add prepared pasta to cooked vegetable mixture. Stir vinegar mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Add tofu, bean sprouts, and onions; heat through.
- Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts and enjoy.