Vegan Soybean Pasta Chow Mein with Tofu
Ready to chow down on some Chow Mein? Follow these simple steps and you will be! This dish of Chinese descent is wholly plant-based and ideal for the individual seeking benefits of both tastiness and healthiness. Tofu and our Organic Soybean Noodles are the stars of the protein show with an impressive 44 grams per serving. Add in mushrooms, red pepper, green onions, soy sauce… and you’ve got yourself a completed cast ready to perform! This delectable dish inspired by Taste of Home.
- 1 package (8oz) of The Only Bean Soybean Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) extra-firm tofu
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook 1 pack of soybean spaghetti according to directions on the package. Drain; rinse with cold water, drain again. Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon oil; spread onto a baking sheet and let stand for about 1 hour.
- While awaiting Step 1, cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and blot dry. Wrap in a clean kitchen towel; place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a large skillet, heat next (1) tablespoon oil over medium/high heat. Add pasta and spread evenly; cook until bottom is lightly browned, or 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In (previous) skillet, heat remaining (1) tablespoon oil over medium/high heat; stir-fry mushrooms, pepper, and tofu until mushrooms are tender, 3-6 minutes. Add pasta and soy sauce; toss and heat pasta through.
- Transfer to preferred serving dish. Sprinkle with green onions