Protein Quesadillas with Black Bean Fettuccine
Wondering what you can do with black bean pasta? Try Quesadillas! We made these delicious vegan quesadillas with organic black bean fettuccine for that excellent source of protein at 44g per serving, rich in fiber and low on carb diet! A quick and very easy recipe from Budgetbytes.
- 1 package 8 oz Organic Black Bean Fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 batch taco seasoning
- 10 taco sized tortillas
- Step 1 – Cook 1 pack of The Only Bean Black Bean Fettuccine according to directions on the package.
- Step 2 – Rinse the cilantro, remove the leaves, and chop roughly. Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add the cilantro, onion, garlic, and shredded cheese to the bowl with the beans and corn. Lastly, mix up a batch of taco seasoning and add to the bowl. Stir everything until evenly mixed.
- Step 3 – Place a half cup of the filling on one side of each tortilla and fold over. Cook in a skillet on both sides over medium heat until brown and crispy and the cheesy filling has melted.
- Step 4 – To freeze the quesadillas, simply fill each one and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for one hour to solidify the quesadillas and then transfer to a freezer bag. To reheat either microwave (for a soft quesadilla) or cook in a skillet on low heat (make sure to use low heat so that the filling has time to thaw and melt before the outside burns).