Protein Pasta Pomodoro
All pomodoro lovers, be it those who say to-MAA-to or to-MAY-to, you'll all enjoy this protein-packed Pomodoro pasta meal. Of course like any pasta, it goes great with wine, friends, a movie and the holidays. So be sure to dust-off those pasta pots and treat those you hold near and dear. Naturally this meal doesn’t only taste fantastic, but looks fantastic too. So if you’re a fan of all things social media, then whip out your phone and Instagram all the pasta glory. And remember, sharing is caring and after all, the holiday season is all about giving, so do spoil a friend by letting them in on this magnificent recipe too! This recipe was inspired by @delish.
- 1 package of The Only Bean Soybean Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced basil (plus more for garnish)
- Place the spaghetti in a large pot of the boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- In another large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft (approx. 5 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute more).
- Add tomatoes and cook until juices are released. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Add spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Garnish with more basil before serving.