High Protein Sesame Noodles
End the year with the ultimate and easy-to-make festive feast, because no one wants to spend hours working away in the kitchen when there are celebrations to be had. So give a round of applause to our vegan-friendly and vegan-awesome Chinese-inspired noodle dish. It flaunts those classic elements like soy and veg that one would expect from an Asian meal, but of course with our fibre-rich and great-tasting spaghetti twist. Need we even mention how fabulously sesame sauce, veggies and pasta go together? It’s a match made in 2020! But can effortlessly be made in 2021 as well, as this dish is stupendous for kids, adults, book clubs and casual dinners to take into the New Year too. This recipe was inspired by @feastingathome.
- 1 package of The Only Bean Soybean Spaghetti
- 1 - 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic (rough chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 an onion (sliced)
- 4 cups veggies - cabbage, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, snow peas, etc.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste / Chinese sesame paste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple
- 1 - 2 teaspoon chili paste or sriracha (more to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to instruction on the package.
- In a large skillet (or wok) heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and the veggies of your choice. Saute, 3-4 minutes, turn heat down to low, and continue cooking until just tender.
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with fork until smooth. Taste. Add more chili paste and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the veggies are tender, and pasta is drained, toss them together along with the sauce, coating well. Serve warm, top with sprout or other options.