33 Gluten Free Snacks for Travel - Your Next Fun yet Healthy Trip!
Snacking is a beloved activity among humans, be it a sweet or savory craving. However, it's crucial to think beyond the momentary pleasure and consider the lasting impact of our snack choices, particularly while traveling. Gluten-free options that are healthy and satisfying can keep us energized and focused. From crispy veggies to juicy fruits and protein-rich alternatives, the range of gluten-free snacks for travel is endless. Instead of settling for a bag of chips or a sugar-laden indulgence, why not opt for something that is both delicious and nutritious? Join us on a journey to explore some of the best gluten-free snacks for travel, and embrace mindful snacking habits that will keep you feeling great on the go.
Gluten free snacks you can carry in a cooler on long road trips
Are you tired of being on long road trips with limited gluten-free snack options? Do you dread settling for stale chips or vending machine treats at rest stops? Say goodbye to mindless snacking and hello to healthy gluten-free snacks that will keep you satisfied on the go. Whether you prefer crunchy veggies, protein-packed options, or sweet fruits, there are plenty of delicious gluten-free snack choices to choose from. Don't forget to bring along a trusty cooler to keep your snacks fresh and cool for the journey. So, fasten your seatbelt, grab your cooler, and let's hit the road to snackville!
1. Edamame Salad: This zesty edamame salad is a refreshing and nutrient-packed dish that's perfect for a hot day. Edamame is an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and vitamins, and when combined with crunchy veggies and a tangy dressing, it makes for a delicious and satisfying meal.
2. Homemade Trail Mix: Trail mix is a classic blend that's easy to customize and packed with nutrients like protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Mix together your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and dark chocolate chips for a tasty and satisfying treat that's perfect for a day out.
3. Yogurt and Berry Parfait: Yogurt is a rich source of protein and probiotics, and when combined with fresh berries and granola, it makes for a delicious and healthy breakfast or dessert. Layer the ingredients in a jar or container for an easy-to-carry dish that's perfect for on the go.
4. Cold Chicken Skewers: These juicy chicken skewers are a convenient and tasty source of protein that's easy to pack in a cooler. Marinate chicken breast in a flavorful mixture of herbs and spices, then grill or bake until cooked through. Cut into cubes and skewer with fresh veggies like cherry tomatoes and cucumber for a colorful and satisfying meal.
5. Veggie Wrap with Hummus: This veggie wrap is a healthy and flavorful way to get your veggies in while on the go. Spread a wrap or tortilla with hummus, then fill with your favorite veggies like shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers, and greens. Roll up and slice into pinwheels for a fun and easy-to-eat dish.
6. Tuna Salad: This classic salad is a delicious and protein-packed dish that's perfect for a day out. Use canned tuna as a base and mix in veggies like celery and onion for crunch, then add a creamy dressing made with Greek yogurt and mustard for a healthier twist on the classic mayo-based version.
7. Homemade Energy Balls: Energy balls are an easy-to-make snack that provides a quick energy boost. Mix together your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, then form into balls for a tasty and portable treat that's perfect for when you need a quick pick-me-up.
8. Cold Quinoa Salad: Quinoa is a nutrient-dense source of protein and fiber, and this salad is filled with veggies and a flavorful dressing. Mix together cooked quinoa, chopped veggies like bell peppers and tomatoes, and a dressing made with olive oil and lemon juice for a tasty and satisfying meal.
9. Fresh Fruit and Cheese Plate: This plate is a perfect option for a hot day - the cheese provides protein and healthy fats, while the fruit provides vitamins and antioxidants. Choose a variety of fresh fruits like berries, grapes, and sliced apples, then pair with your favorite cheese.
Gluten free snacks you can carry on an airplane
Air travel can be an exhausting experience, especially if you have limited gluten-free snack options during a long flight. But fear not, my airborne friend, because packing some healthy gluten-free snacks for your journey can make all the difference. Whether you're trying to avoid overpriced and gluten-laden snacks offered on the plane or simply looking for some nutritious options to keep you fueled during your journey, having a stash of gluten-free snacks on hand can make your flight much more enjoyable. So sit back, relax, and get ready to discover some delicious, healthy gluten-free snacks that you can easily pack and take with you on your next flight.
1. Homemade fruit and nut bars: These bars are easy to make, customizable, and perfect for travel. They're packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber, making them a filling and satisfying snack.
Here's a recipe for Homemade fruit and nut bars.
2. Homemade popcorn: This classic dish is a great option for a plane ride. It's low in calories and easy to pack, and you can customize the seasoning to your taste.
Here's a recipe for Homemade Popcorn.
3. Fresh fruit salad: A refreshing and healthy option for your flight, a fruit salad can provide vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to keep you feeling good on the go.
Here's a recipe for Fresh Fruit Salad.
4. Rice cakes with nut butter: Rice cakes are a low-calorie and gluten-free option for a snack, and when paired with nut butter, they provide healthy fats and protein.
Here's a recipe for Rice Cakes with Nut Butter.
5. Vegetable sticks with hummus: This legendary combo is a great way to get your veggies in while on a plane. The hummus provides protein and healthy fats, while the veggies provide fiber and nutrients.
Here's a recipe for Vegetable Sticks with Hummus.
6. Hard-boiled eggs: Hard-boiled eggs are a great source of protein and easy to pack for a flight. They're also low in calories and provide essential vitamins and minerals.
7. Beef jerky: Beef jerky is a high-protein and low-carb snack that's perfect for a flight. It's also portable and easy to pack.
Here's a recipe for Homemade Beef Jerky.
8. Kale chips: Kale chips are a healthy and crunchy snack that are easy to make and perfect for travel. They're high in vitamins and minerals and low in calories.
Here's a recipe for Kale Chips.
1. Crunchy Dry Roasted Edamame Beans by The Only Bean - a protein-packed snack made from roasted edamame beans that are crunchy, flavorful, and perfect for on-the-go snacking.
2. Kind bars - a popular snack bar made with nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. They come in various flavors, and many are gluten-free.
3. Pirate's Booty - a gluten-free snack made with puffed rice and corn. It has a cheesy flavor and is a great alternative to traditional cheese puffs.
4. Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas - roasted chickpeas with various seasoning options that make them a healthy and satisfying snack.
5. Skinny Pop Popcorn - a low-calorie and gluten-free popcorn snack that is light, fluffy, and available in various flavors.
6. Blue Diamond Almonds - an almond snack that is rich in protein, healthy fats, and fiber. They are available in various flavors and sizes.
7. Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Cookies - a gluten-free cookie snack that is made without common allergens such as wheat, dairy, and soy.
8. Go Macro Bars - a vegan and gluten-free protein bar that contains wholesome ingredients such as nuts, seeds, and fruits.
9. Beanitos Bean Chips - a chip snack that is made from beans and is a great source of protein and fiber.
10. Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers - a gluten-free cracker snack made with almond flour and other natural ingredients.
11. Larabars - a popular gluten-free snack bar made with simple, whole food ingredients such as fruits, nuts, and spices.
12. Lundberg Rice Cakes - a gluten-free and crunchy snack made with whole grain rice.
13. Pamela's Products Mini Cookies - a gluten-free cookie snack that comes in various flavors and is made with natural ingredients.
14. PopCorners Popcorn Chips - a gluten-free and non-GMO chip snack that is made from popcorn.
15. Wholly Guacamole Minis - a pre-packaged guacamole snack that is perfect for on-the-go dipping.
16. Vega Snack Bars - a vegan and gluten-free snack bar that is made with plant-based protein and whole food ingredients.
In conclusion, incorporating gluten free snacks into your healthy snacking routine can be a game changer, especially when traveling. It's vital to have some nutritious snacks on hand that are free from gluten, ensuring you stay energized and focused throughout your journey. The list of store-bought gluten free snacks is endless, from Crunchy Dry Roasted Edamame Beans by The Only Bean to KIND Bars and rice cakes with almond butter. So, next time you're hitting the road or boarding a plane, make sure to pack some of these delicious and healthy options to keep you satisfied on the go. Say goodbye to unhealthy snacking and hello to a happier and healthier you!